The Long Story Short:

You can agree to a temporary parenting agreement. For many parents who want to share custody with one another, they exercise a 2-2-3 schedule or a week on, week off schedule. However, it depends on what kind of schedule will work best for you and your spouse. If one parent is denying another parent visitation, you will need to file a Custody Complaint, schedule the mandatory mediation and obtain a date for a temporary custody hearing.

About Raleigh Custody Agreements

Parents have equal rights to the custody of their children born of the marriage. In most cases, parents come together and work out a suitable agreement outside of the Court system. However, when parents cannot agree on custody arrangements, the Court will make a decision concerning custody based on what is in the best interest and welfare of the child. Below are a few common questions and answers relating to child custody.

Get A Signed Agreement in Wake County

Without a written and signed agreement, for example, one parent can disrupt a child’s life by deciding suddenly to move the children to another school or city. Having an agreement in writing maintains consistency for the children, which is essential to their well-being. Custody and visitation arrangements can be written in a Separation Agreement along with decisions concerning spousal support and distribution of property. For more information about how to create a separation agreement, contact the Raleigh Family Law Attorneys at The Law Corner. These Raleigh Divorce Lawyers are here to help you through this process, every step of the way, to make this difficult time as simple as possible. Call The Law Corner at 919-424-8319.

What Happens If We Cannot Agree on Custody Arrangements?

In Wake County, one parent must file a Complaint, beginning a lawsuit in Raleigh for child custody. The parties will have to attend mediation, and possibly parenting classes. Eventually, if the parties cannot reach an agreement, a Wake County Trial Court judge will hear evidence and determine custody. To get help with your custody plans, contact a Family Law Attorney Raleigh for more assistance. The Law Corner attorneys are here to fight for you and are always in your corner.

Contact The Law Corner

The Law Corner divorce attorneys in Raleigh can help explain the divorce process to you and help you with other divorce related issues, to include, but not limited to, the following:

Raleigh Mediation Attorney

Bankruptcy & Divorce in North Carolina

Raleigh Credit Card Debt & Divorce Attorney

Raleigh Uncontested or Absolute Divorce Attorney

Raleigh Collaborative Law Attorney

Raleigh Equitable Distribution of Property Lawyer

Raleigh Alimony and Spousal Support Lawyer

Raleigh Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements

Raleigh Domestic Violence, Stalking and Harassment

Raleigh Legal Separation & Separation Agreements

Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)

Child Support and Modifications Lawyer in Raleigh

Child Visitation and Rights Attorney in Raleigh, NC

Abuse, Neglect & Dependency

Self-Help Clinic in Raleigh, NC

The Law Corner Attorneys help people all over Wake County to include the following areas: Knightdale, Wake Forest, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Wendell, Zebulon, New Hope, Cary, Rolesville, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs, and Garner.